[5][6], After fellow rapper Lil Durk signed King Von to his Only the Family label, Von released his single "Crazy Story" on December 6, 2018,[7] and it became his breakout single. Von released his debut mixtape, Grandson, Vol. King Von On Being The Black Disciples (BDN) founder David Barksdale’s (King Dave) Grandson & More | NEW INTERVIEW. He got the name in jail when people who knew David said he reminds them of the gang leader.. 1 with OTF in September 2019. King Von is the grandson of BD founder David Barksdale, otherwise known as King Dave. King Von has garnered a lot of media attention as he is the grandson of David Barksdale who founded the now notorious gang Black Disciples. Rapper King Von has died aged 26 after being gunned down in an Atlanta shooting, according to pals. Due to this, he could not further study. The suspect was identified as Timothy Leeks, aged 22. [4] He spent most of his life in Parkway Gardens, aka "O'Block" located at the corner of 64th and Martin Luther King Drive on the South Side of Chicago. Bennett previously beat a murder rap in connection with a May 2014 shooting in Chicago, walking free after witnesses failed to … “The older guys in jail, guys who were around when David was around, would call me that ’cause I carried myself like him.” “When I was in jail, I got the name ‘Grandson’ because I reminded people of [Chicago gangster David Barksdale, aka] King David,” Von explained in a press release. Bennett was allegedly a member of the gang. As part of the rivalry between Chicago gangs, their members taunt each other through songs or social media, and King Von mentioned "smoking takea" many times. King Von (real name Dayvon Daquan Bennett) was a rapper from O-Block in Chicago and, allegedly, a member of the Black Disciples gang. "I Am What I Am" did not chart on the Billboard Hot 100, but did peak at number eight on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart. Conservative activist Charlie Krik engaged to girlfriend Erika, Instagram model reveals missed chance with NBA star Tyler Herro. After his death in 1974, the Devil’s Disciples became known as the Black Gangster Disciples. Era cunoscut pentru porecla sa de „Grandson”, care se referă la David Barksdale, fondatorul grupării Black Disciples din care se presupune că a fost membru. Next article Heath Slater Net Worth. Many fans believe he was also known by the nickname Grandson because he’s related to David Barksdale. Bennett was allegedly a member of the gang. It was during his time in prison when Von earned the title of “ Grandson ”. King Von, whose real name is Dayvon Daquan Bennett, was born in Chicago.Since a young age, Von had numerous run-ins with the authorities. He is deceased. Share this: He followed that up with a music video release for "Broke Opps", a song from Levon James. David was a member of the Community of Christ Church … The shooting took place at 5700 South Lasalle Street in Englewood, Chicago. ... "Grandson" is reportedly a reference to David Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples. [15][16][17] On November 16, 2019, Von released his single "2 A.M". Top Songs. He was born The Habit of Always Landing in Trouble. King Von (real name Dayvon Daquan Bennett) was a rapper from O-Block in Chicago and, allegedly, a member of the Black Disciples gang. The album includes the Polo G collaboration "The Code", which was released with a music video. The rapper is 5 feet 9 inches tall and has an average weight. He was also known by the street name ‘Grandson’ in reference to David Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples. He and Larry Hoover decided to merge and create the [ Gangster Disciple Nation]]. He ran the streets with his own morals and his own code, and that’s the code I live by too. He was known for his nickname "Grandson" which refers to David Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples which King Von was allegedly a member of. Delving deep into Von’s past, the new tape positions him as the heir to a long line of Chicago gangsters, including Black Disciples founder “King” David Barksdale… Bennett was allegedly a member of the gang. 1, his upcoming debut mixtape. Since King Von’s death, his track Took Her To The O entered the billboard hot 100 chart at number 47. The late rapper claimed he and Barksdale were related – but is there any truth behind that? “King David was a legendary figure, and a guy that everybody looked up to. "Drill rapper King Von's potent 'Crazy Story' gets a Lil Durk-assisted upgrade [405 Premiere]", "Mugshot 177451002 - Dayvon Daquan Bennett Arrest - Fulton County, GA - Booked for Possession of Firearm During Commission of a Felony (VGCSA), Unlawful For Person Employed By/Associated With Crminal Street Gang To Conduct/Participate In Crimin, Aggravated Assault (shooting at), Possession of Firearm by Convicted Felon, Criminal Attempt to Commit Murder", "Dayvon Bennett Mugshot 123203677 - Vonita Bennett Arrest - Cook County, IL", "OTF Signee King Von Dramatizes a "Crazy Story" in a Charismatic Video", https://www.sohh.com/watch-gucci-mane-protege-asian-doll-celebrates-v-day-w-new-grandson-video/, "King Von & Lil Durk Showcase the OTF Movement for "Crazy Story 2.0" Video", "OTF's King Von Returns With "Crazy Story Pt. Von went to jail for the first time when he was just 16 years old.That was the start of a long course of legal troubles. As part of the rivalry between Chicago gangs, their members taunt each other via songs or on social media and King Von has mentioned “smoking tooka” various times. [citation needed] Dayvon Daquan Bennett (August 9, 1994 – November 6, 2020), known professionally as King Von, was an American rapper and songwriter from Chicago, Illinois. Barksdale was the leader of the Black Disciples. His grandfather's name is David Barksdale who is a member of the black disciples. The late rapper claimed he and Barksdale were related – but is there any truth behind that? He got the name in jail when many people who knew David said that he reminded them of the gang leader in how he handles himself in the streets as well as his general demeanor. American gang leader David Barksdale was born on May 24, 1947 in Sallis, Mississippi although his full name was “Donise David Barksdale.” He was the son of Virginia and Charlie Barksdale and grew up with his twelve other brothers and sisters. His grandfather's name is David Barksdale who is a member of the black disciples. He got the name in jail when people who knew David said he reminds them of the gang leader.. Let’s take a look at Von’s legacy and music, and investigate the rumour tying him to the founder of the Devil’s Disciples, now known as the Black Disciples. Likewise, he also did not disclose his educational background. Bennett was allegedly a member of the gang. 1". The bank is specifically recruiting business students from historically Black colleges and universities, said David Barksdale, who completes on Wednesday … Lil Durk has said in an interview with Von on the Breakfast Club that he pressed Von to become a rapper to stay out of any more trouble. Along with his 12 brothers and sisters, he moved to Chicago in 1957. Von went to jail for the first time when he was just 16 years old.That was the start of a long course of legal troubles. Mrs. Barksdale, a secretary for Nicky Joe Stafford Real Estate and a … He was also known by the street name ‘Grandson’ in reference to David Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples. Von previously released the Jusblo 600-assisted “Cousins” in March. The Barksdale family moved to Chicago, Illinois in 1957. At the age of sixteen, he went to jail for the first time. He then released another single, titled "Why He Told" on July 27, 2020, and followed that up with another popular single, "All These Niggas", featuring Chicago rapper Lil Durk, which garnered over 21 million views on YouTube. King Von was born on 9 August 1994 and was 26 when he died. Report: ‘Fantastic’ player set for first Chelsea appearance of the season this evening – in U23s. After proving his innocence and beating the case, King Von took to rapping, collaborating with Lil Durk on singles. Olivet Cemetery. Off the beaten track By The Focus. He has had 2.9 million followers on Instagram and 316.9k followers on Twitter at the time of death. The grandson of Black Disciples gang founder David Barksdale, Von was in and out of legal trouble as a teenager, but he took his life in a different direction and in 2018 released his breakthrough single, "Crazy Story," on Lil Durk's OTF label. As part of the rivalry between Chicago gangs, their members taunt each other through songs or social media, and King Von mentioned "smoking takea" many times. no he really is the grandson of david barksdale. Was King Von David Barksdale grandson? Who was King Von? The late rapper claimed he and Barksdale were related – but is there any truth behind that? King Von joked at the start of a YouTube video about being King Dave’s grandson. He was known for his nickname "Grandson" which refers to David Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples which King Von was allegedly a member of. He ran the streets with his own morals, and his own code, and that’s the code I live by too. Celtic FC By The Focus. Food & Drink By The Focus. Everybody wanted to follow me, and be around me.”. David C. Barksdale, age 74, of Iuka, died Friday, January 25th, 2019 at Salem Township Hospital. Is Chicago Cubs exec Theo Epstein related to Jeffrey Epstein? Top Songs. Von, along with his co-defendant Durk, appeared before a judge in a Fulton County courtroom for a probable cause hearing. Rivalry with another gang, The Black Stone Rangers, led to violence, shootings and death and King Dave was shot six times in 1968 alone, although he recovered. [9], In May 2019, "Crazy Story 2.0" featuring Lil Durk was released, and a subsequent music video was later released on May 20 of that month and peaked at number four on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart. He was also known by the street name ‘Grandson’ in reference to David Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples. view image. The single then appeared on his album Grandson, Vol. This page was last edited on 3 December 2020, at 14:40. He was also known by the street name ‘Grandson’ in reference to David Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples. So, was King Von David Barksdale’s grandson? King Von", "OTF's King Von Details The Reality Of The Streets On "What It's Like, "King Von Shares "Grandson Vol. As the issue stands, it is unlikely King Von has any blood ties to the Barksdale family. King Von died on 6 November 2020 from injuries due to being shot outside a club in Atlanta, Georgia. He had 1.26 million subscribers on his YouTube channel, while his song Crazy Story has been streamed 40 million times on Spotify. He had recently moved to Atlanta to further his music career. He was also known by the street name 'Grandson' in reference to David Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples. [14] On September 19, 2019, Von released his 15 track mixtape, Grandson, Vol. The American Rapper has made about $40,000 every month.Therefore this puts King Von’s net worth somewhere around $280,000 to $700,000.. Editors' Picks By The Focus. RICHARD 'DICK' BARKSDALE ROCKFORD - Richard "Dick" Barksdale, of Rockford, departed this earthly life Tuesday, November 5, 2013 in Rockford Memorial Hospital after a long illness. So, was King Von David Barksdale’s grandson? On November 6, 2020, King Von was involved in an altercation outside an Atlanta nightclub that took place around 3:20 a.m. between two groups of men,[27] one of them associated with rapper Quando Rondo. Barksdale was the founder of the Black Disciples. Who was the late Pat Patterson's partner? ... "Grandson" is reportedly a reference to David Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples. In 2014, he was accused of a shooting that killed one and wounded another. 1, his debut mixtape. Bennett was allegedly a member of the gang. Bosstop RESPONDS To Asian Doll Telling Him To Collect The O-Block Chains + MORE!! RAP HITZ ADS. Finally showing the full range of his rap abilities, the Only The Family rapper shares Grandson, Vol. Rumour explained The Focus. This release was in anticipation of his debut studio album[20][22] Welcome to O'Block, released on October 30, 2020. 3, "Lil Durk announces new album, drops single "Like That" feat. The grandson of Black Disciples gang founder David Barksdale, Von was in and out of legal trouble as a teenager, but he took his life in a different direction and in 2018 released his breakthrough single, "Crazy Story," on Lil Durk's OTF label. Let’s take a look at Von’s legacy and music, and investigate the rumour tying him to the founder of the Devil’s Disciples, now known as the Black Disciples. Era cunoscut pentru porecla sa de „Grandson”, care se referă la David Barksdale, fondatorul grupării Black Disciples din care se presupune că a fost membru. The album debuted at number 75 on the Billboard 200and number 27 on the Hip Hop/R&B albums chart. Bennett was allegedly a member of the gang. That’s why people call me Grandson. He was also known by the street name ‘Grandson’ in reference to David Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples. He was known for his nickname “Grandson” which refers to David Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples which King Von was allegedly a member of. Rapper King Von has died aged 26 after being gunned down in an Atlanta shooting, according to pals. Prior to going to jail, he was a grade-A student in school. Besides that, he has released various well-perceived singles that included Crazy Story (2018), No Flaws (2019), and Rolling (Featuring YNW Melly). He was an accountant with the State of Illinois and previously ran Barksdale Business Services. [33] King Von is an O Block rapper in southern Chicago named after Odee Perry by fellow gang members. The older guys in jail, guys who were around when David was around, would call me that ’cause I carried myself like him. If you want to help support me expand into other cities and build my brand Please check out some of my merchandise below. Prior to going to jail, he was a grade-A student in school. He was also known by the street name 'Grandson' in reference to David Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples. Let’s take a look at Von’s legacy and music, and investigate the rumour tying him to the founder of the Devil’s Disciples, now known as the Black Disciples. At the age of sixteen, he went to jail for the first time. Explore The Focus's magazine "Music", followed by 56 people on Flipboard. King Von explained: “When I was in jail, I got the name Grandson because I reminded people of King David. 3" was released. Lil Durk eventually signed him to his OTF (Only The Family) entertainment label. GRV Media, 18 Mulberry Avenue, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 0WN. David was a member of the Community of Christ Church … [20] The album features verses from NLE Choppa, Polo G, Tee Grizzley, G Herbo, Lil Durk, and YNW Melly, among others.[21]. Ad far as we know, David Barksdale had three children – Melinda, David Jr and Ronnie. He was originally from Killaward. He was known for his nickname "Grandson" which refers to David Barksdale, the founder of the Black Disciples who King Von was allegedly a member of. He was born The single also appeared on his album "Grandson, Vol. [28][31] The Georgia Bureau of Investigation initially reported that three people were killed, but an Atlanta police spokesman said that only two of them died. He has a slim body build. On February 21, 2020, Von released "Took Her to the O", which went on to become one his most popular songs. How did this rumour start? He grew up as childhood friends with rapper Lil Durk, as well as fellow Parkway Gardens resident Chief Keef.