48 equal monthly payments required. The stand is firm and every part of the instrument looks an… If you’re an intermediate player, I’d recommend checking out the Yamaha YDP-164, which is a bit more expensive than the KDP110 but is also more realistic than the YDP-144 as far as touch is concerned. 2) Voicing (Normal, Mellow, Dynamic, Bright) Adjusts the minimum force you need to apply in order to produce a sound. Out of stock. No player is too far along to make use of the realistic sounds and authentic feel of this instrument. ES110 Digital Piano + HML-1 Stand An excellent introduction to Kawai’s portable piano line-up. They’re both really good instruments that feature Korg’s best hammer action (RH3) used in their pro-grade keyboards and workstations (Kronos, Grandstage, etc.) As of March 2019, only Roland and Kawai equip their entry-level digital pianos with Bluetooth MIDI, which I think is a very handy feature that more digital pianos should have. I’ve read in another review that KDP-110 has individual sample for each key, while PX-870 seems to be sampled in groups. A selection of different instrument voices, built-in lesson songs, and the ability to record and playback one’s performance are just some of the features accessible from the discretely placed cheek-block control panel, while Bluetooth® and USB functionality allow the instrument to be connected to other devices with ease. However, I came across an offer on a (older) Casio Celviano AP-650M. Competitive prices and free delivery* please call us today on 01562 731113. The result is a rich, vibrant piano tone that delivers breathtaking realism and authenticity. There are no dedicated Line Out jacks, so if you ever need to connect external speakers or amplifier to the KDP110, you’ll have to use one of those headphone jacks. Unlike the KDP110 that has a more traditional look, the F-140R is a slim modern styled piano that you’ll be able to fit in virtually any room. The KDP110 features two 20-watt speakers, which are definitely loud enough to do the job of conveying an acoustic piano sound. I’m comparing the yamaha YDP-164 with the Kawai KDP, could you tell which one has quieter key action? Some of the KDP110 highlights include a new 3-sensor Responsive Hammer Compact II keyboard action. The KDP110’s Spatial Headphone Sound (SHS) technology enhances the depth and realism of the instrument’s sound when listening through headphones or earphones. This is still useful (and enough in most situations), but in an age where an entire multitrack DAW can be held on a tablet (or even a phone), it is a little surprising (even though it is frankly common at this price range). changing the character of the sound. I don’t know how had they recorded sound in this video. Perharps my piano is somehow damaged? The KDP110 digital piano captures the beautiful sound of Kawai’s highly acclaimed hand-built concert grand piano, with all 88 keys of this exceptional instrument meticulously recorded, analysed and faithfully reproduced using proprietary Harmonic Imaging ™ technology. Supplementing its realistic acoustic piano voices, the KDP110 also offers a selection of additional instrument sounds, including electric pianos, organs, harpsichord, vibraphone, and strings. One of the new features on the KDP110 is the Spatial Headphone Sound feature. As for key material, I would imagine this can be quite important so I do think the Casio edges it here but is the plastic used on the Kawai really a poor substitute? It isn’t a self-contained lesson-system, but it allows the user to hear a given song played on the piano while seeing it on the page. Customer Service 800.221.5743 or 212.239.7765. Both are solid options, I’d go with the KDP110/CN-17 as my personal preference. It tries to mimic the classic upright acoustic piano look and I have to say it’s quite a success in doing that. Kawai has been crafting musical instruments for 90 years, maintaining traditional processes while embracing the very latest technical innovations. The feel of the KDP110’s keyboard is somewhere between heavy and light, though it leans more in the direction of lightness. Note: In regions, this instrument is marketed as the Kawai CN-17, which is basically the same piano as the KDP110 but available in different colors. Kawai Musical Instruments Manufacturing Co., Ltd. Kawai KDP110 EU Declaration of Conformity (PDF), Burgmüller 25 (25 Etudes Faciles, Opus 100), Virtual Technician app (iPad), Sound Museum app (iPhone/iPad), Fixed-height or height-adjustable bench *. This piano that I saw was a very dark brown, reminiscent of traditional acoustic pianos. I found that Kawai’s product review only have 3 piano on the list. My 5 year old is about to begin lessons and I would like to pick it back up again as well. And you would be right. The left and right hand parts of each etude or song can be practised separately, with the built-in metronome and adjustable tempo controls helping to improve timing and rhythm. In my opinion, the GHS doesn’t feel as good as the actions of the Kawai, Korg, and Roland pianos mentioned above. You’ll rarely need all 192 or 256 voices of polyphony at once, but there are cases when you can reach 64 or even 128 note limits, especially if you like to layer several sounds and create multi-track recordings. Out of those 6, I think I am most likely to settle on one of the mid priced pianos – PX-870, AP-470 or the KDP110. I am then left with a fair increase/decrease in price at either end of the scale for either the YDP-164 or the AP-270 (outside of the 3 mid priced pianos). An exceptional introduction to Kawai digital piano quality. Sort: Clear All. That may be to your liking, it may not, but it is rather standard fare for an instrument of this class (and really for digital pianos in general, which are designed visually to replicate the look of acoustic uprights). The KDP110 has the standard three piano pedals – sustain, sostenuto, and soft. Moreover, a good pair of headphones will provide a clearer and more detailed sound compared to the onboard speakers. Kawai may be well known for their line of premium instruments, but they are not usually in the conversation about entry-level electric pianos. This is why the KDP110 is such a noteworthy instrument—it combines Kawai quality with a price tag suited to entry-level players. The KDP110 features Harmonic Imaging sound engine, which uses stereo samples from Kawai’s famous Shigeru SK-EX 9-foot concert grand piano captured from each key at different velocities. This means you won’t be able to assign a different sound to the left and right-hand sections to play two sounds at the same time. Kawai Kawai Kawai KDP110 Black true true. * Availability of Bluetooth® function may vary depending on market area. 8) Minimum Touch (1-20) Between the two models you mentioned, I’d say the Yamaha has a quieter action but not to the point that would make it a deal-breaker, in my opinion. For Px-870 there is written that it has 4 velocity layers, but I can’t find the same information about KDP-110.