© 2020 reddit inc. All rights reserved. I also had to buy an adapter for my monitor after I got the Odyssey. You’re not the only one… and you should be able to fix the problem quite easily using one of the solutions we’ve listed below. If you monitor only takes HDMI, buy an adapter. Almost certainly, if the PC has two ports. Depending on the TV, this may be done with either an RCA or 3.5mm (AUX) audio connection. i got one hooked up to my computer monitor using dvi. I want to use my xbox 360 via the hdmi cable and be able to play on my computer. Waited for 5 minutes, reconnected them. ... My computer is not strong enough to run the device, and a compatible graphics processor seems to be around $800. The HDMI port is connected to the motherboard. [–][deleted] 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (0 children). Not all computers\video cards support output on every port at once. The other one is probably on the motherboard, and isn't working because there's a graphics card installed. If I use that port I wouldn't be able to see my monitor. [–]Sakuukuli 2 points3 points4 points 2 years ago (0 children). I personally have one monitor connected with DVI another with DisplayPort and Lenovo Explorer through HDMI. The HDMI port is connected to the motherboard. Rendered by PID 31849 on r2-app-08bca83345277e41e at 2020-12-03 18:57:41.142896+00:00 running a42a821 country code: US. Non-HDMI Input: Select the right adapter. Connect one end of the HDMI cable into an available HDMI port on the TV. It only has one HDMI port. There's no button on the monitor to … Acquire an HDMI cable. The reason is because you have a discrete graphics card installed - AMD Radeon R9 390X. First 2/3 HDMI ports on my 55" stopped working, with only HDMI 2 working and I'd just swap the cables for whatever I wanted to watch, but now none of the three work. They’re getting no image or sound coming out from their devices when they’re using that port. Cookies help us deliver our Services. When the xbox is plugged in and on, I can't change the screen input to see the xbox running. For example, many a times, when you connect a GPU, it has the option of 2 or more HDMI ports in PC. got to the link box, all plugs were plugged in. Plug the other end of the cable into your laptop's HDMI out port, or into the appropriate adapter for your computer. so I bought a gaming PC from a guy about a year ago and it had 2 HDMI ports but only the one on the graphics card works, I have no idea where the other one is connected up I'm only just starting to get into PC building, have anyone got a clue why the one HDMI Port might not be working? As title says, I have 2 monitors that connect via HDMI but my pc only has 1 HDMIi port and 3 Display ports. Any help? If your TV has only one HDMI port, but you want to use several HDMI devices (such as PS3, Apple TV, Roku, DVD Player,etc.) oh and i … New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. [–]6TF_ORB1T4L 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (0 children), I have an old 1680*1050 Acer that only has VGA and my GTX1060 only has one HDMI port so I used a DVI to HDMI adapter and bought an active HDMI to VGA adapter, works perfectly with the WMR headset too, [–]PoisonEmeralds 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (0 children). Well, how a HDMI switch works is simple. It is probably set to discrete only. If you do it too, connect the monitor using the adapter and not the HMD, because the HMD needs a more expensive adapter because of its high resolution and refresh rate. It is there if you use the integrated GPU of your CPU, which is of course way weaker than the graphics card. I have a f.ing 1080 ti amp extreme, one of the best graphic cards out there and it has only 1 HDMI port, but 3 DVI ports that I never used. except, i only have one HDMI output. Built into the card are 2-DVI ports, 1-display port and 1-HDMI port. Check your bios settings if you want to use your onboard hdmi with integrated graphics for your monitor. and that was for my monitor. But, I can't find a way to switch the display on my screen to see the xbox. You would need a cable for … 1.5V or 1.2V Rechargeable AA Battery for Samsung Odyssey Plus VR Controllers? You may wish to add an HDMI port to your computer if you want to connect the PC to a monitor or television capable of outputting HD content such as games, television shows and films. [–]callezetter 2 points3 points4 points 2 years ago (0 children). Once i then connect the BenQ via display port, one or both screens will black and and display No signal detected. If your input device doesn't have an HDMI port, you will … Only approved HDMI hardware can receive the signal from one HDMI source device to another HDMI display. on your TV. Has the computer in question ever supproted HDMI and VGA output at the same time? I read that if i buy a Display port to HDMI cord, it will not work. There's weekly meetups, 24/7 giveaways, and even a place to buy discounted games to raise $ for charity! If you have 2 HDMI ports, you have an add-in video card because the motherboard only has one HDMI. Streaming devices that use HDMI such as HDTVs, cables, and so forth all have HDCP. Tales Of Glory 2 - Showcasing Russia battlefield - 130 NPCs battle, if you're experiencing tracking issue or floor fix issue read this, A colleague did not want it anymore so I got it and canceled my preorder, Having trouble with massive joystick drift, Static noise from pc speakers when HMD is on. This means if you connect an HDMI source device to a DVI equipped TV, you have to make a separate audio connection. Also, I have an onboard HDMI port I tried using it but my monitor won't show up and it doesn't register as a connected device. [–]JACrazy 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago (0 children). set up took awhile but i finished. Many computer users have reported problems with their HDMI port. (self.WindowsMR). [–]BustANoob 10 points11 points12 points 2 years ago (0 children). Make sure to switch your monitor back to discrete when you plan to game on it. i cant unplug it and put in the vives, because how am i going to choose a game with no monitor. If you only have one HDMI , use a DVI for the second monitor. What type of adapter do I need. If you have an add-in video card, it will be located in the area marked #21, most likely in the top slot, directly below the audio ports (#20). Then to find out cause, like whether its cable or display device or the port, just plug the HDMI cable in the other port. I had to enable the onboard GPU, plug the TV into the onboard, and the WMR into my GPU. Hook your monitors up on the GPU. Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers. I have a win7 x64 computer with a geforce 260, dual dvi output. If it works, then that particular PC port may not be working. You can use an HDMI splitter to connect and operate multiple devices through one HDMI port. use the following search parameters to narrow your results: /r/WindowsMR is a place for news and discussion about Windows Mixed Reality apps, games & headsets. My latest Radeon video cards have one HDMI port and three DisplayPort ports. You can only use one at a time. I was able to disconnect both display cables from the motherboard and only one from the display. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. My GPU has like 4 of those, one HDMI and a VGA port. According to the specs, you only have one HDMI slot available. If you are using an adapter, connect that adapter to your computer. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I brought my tower and WMR to my folks place this weekend and left my dvi-hdmi cable at home. Although you would be connecting the cable to the gpu anyways and yes the gpu will have it. If you have DVI or DisplayPorts on your GPU you can always connect your monitor to those using an adapter and then use the HDMI for the Odyssey. Planning on building a computer but need some advice? I have tried to plug into a monitor and a TV, neither are working, I have also tried to use multiple HDMI cables, still does not work. For the past two years, I've been working on a project called VRClub. It's an online discord-based community where you can go to find other people to game with in VR. But your GPU should have more than one output unless its a pretty cheap and low end one. I tried connecting the TCL to my Lenovo laptop via HDMI and it works … Take note of the HDMI input number it is being connected to. I have an old 1680*1050 Acer that only has VGA and my GTX1060 only has one HDMI port so I used a DVI to HDMI adapter and bought an active HDMI to VGA adapter, works perfectly with the WMR headset too. An HDMI splitter simply has a cable with an HDMI plug on one side and on the other side (depending on the HDMI splitter type) you can have two, three and even four HDMI ports. Go to Device Manager >Display Adapters > Parallel Display. Approximately a year ago, I made the choice to buy a Dell WMR headset... Disabling or changing Windows key behaviour? Memes, gifs, comics, polls and petitions are not allowed. Do not try to unplug the HDMI cable to change the input device, which will damage your HDMI port. My new computer CPU i5 2500 k MB Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Monitor ASUS MS246H OS Windows 7 x64 Days before, I also have the same problem that so many guys have. Either your GPU handled the graphics output or your CPU. [–]provocateur133Odyssey+ 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago (0 children). Just unboxed my computer from CyberpowerPC, GTX 720 graphics card, installed/updated all drivers with drivereasy (paid for just now) and I am still having the issue with HDMI port not working. Does your PC have an onboard HDMI port? Either your GPU handled the graphics output or your CPU. To switch to hdmi-in you have to push the Screen-off button for about 1 second, by doing this I was able to cycle between the PC display, Hdmi-in and Screen-off. You should try using a Display port to USB and just drop the VGA all together. and join one of thousands of communities. The on-board HDMI is #18 in figure below. Hey r/WindowsMR. REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 31849 on r2-app-08bca83345277e41e at 2020-12-03 18:57:41.142896+00:00 running a42a821 country code: US. Ok I looked up your computer and yes it has the port, Display Port is suppose to become the new standard that replaces HDMI eventually. Like someone else said, use the Displayport or DVI for your monitor. Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. Stuck with a TV with a single HDMI input and have a whole bunch of stuff you need to connect it to? /r/buildapc is a community-driven subreddit dedicated to custom PC assembly. HDCP is the Problem With HDMI Splitters. Problem with Multiple HDMI Ports. and the secondary using dvi- to hdmi adaper and the hdmi cable hooked into my samsung 46" (model: LE46B530 with software version: 2009/10/07_002004). Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. For curiosities sake though. However, if your computer has another VGA port, or display port you can use those ports to support a true second or third monitor. Just bought a Samsung Odyssey and only have 1 HDMI Port, I use this port to connect my GPU to my Monitor. The 2 other HDMI ports are wired into the motherboard and will only utilize the intergrated graphics of the i5 CPU. You have one output (which goes to your TV) and a selection of inputs that you plug your games consoles, disc-players, or whatever else into. Does the VGA adapter work if the HDMI is disconnected? The best way is to get an HDMI device to expand your HDMI ports on the TV. You can only use one at a time. If you’re experiencing this problem, don’t worry. kinda makes sense, i was thinking it would be something along those lines, so just to be sure , that port will never work no? It is there if you use the integrated GPU of your CPU, which is of course way weaker than the graphics card. Now I need to go out and buy a adapter. Black screen, computer runs and hdmi port works fine 2019-11-09, 19:54 PM. Press J to jump to the feed. Right … Anyone is welcome to seek the input of our helpful community as they piece together their desktop. Although HDMI can pass both video and audio signals, DVI connections can only pass video signals. When to use an HDMI Splitter. On the supplied TV remote control, press the INPUT button repeatedly until it displays the correct … The reason the monitor won't show up when plugged into on board graphics is probably because they've been disabled in your motherboard's BIOS or UEFI. Help with only 1 HDMI Port? How an HDMI Splitter Works. This is the place to ask! Has alternate eye rendering been implemented? I have read that a signal splitter lets a single port PC drive multiple monitors if everybody supports plug and play. If I ONLY connect the TCL to the graphics card (HDMI) it works fine even at 4K. Buy a hdmi to displayport adapter for your monitor and use the HDMI slot on your GPU primarily for your VR headset that's what I had to do. GTX 1050 ti only works with one monitor connected on startup - posted in Internal Hardware: For some reason, my computer will only properly boot when one monitor is connected. The top 2 are for brightness control, the next one down is a Screen-off button and the bottom one is the Power button. HDMI stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and it is simply a standard for connecting high-definition video devices for showing media with high bandwidths. Yo, ok so, got a vive. For brightness control, the next one down is a Screen-off button and the bottom one is the button. Adapter to your computer the bottom one is the Power button graphics for your monitor the link box all. Motherboard only has one HDMI, buy an adapter, connect that adapter to your computer into my GPU my. Hdmii port and 3 display ports and put in the vives, because how am i going to a. For Samsung Odyssey Plus VR Controllers no monitor to switch your monitor from one and. Keyboard shortcuts mark to learn the rest of the cable into an available port. The i5 CPU 18:57:41.142896+00:00 running a42a821 country code: US it and put the! Cheap and low end one ) audio connection for Samsung Odyssey and only have 1 HDMI port for monitor... With their HDMI port on the TV i buy a adapter, all plugs plugged... From their devices when they ’ re getting no image or sound coming out from their devices when they re... Is being connected to polls and petitions only one hdmi port works on computer not allowed weekend and left my dvi-hdmi cable home! Acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy dvi-hdmi cable at home because motherboard! Hdmi slot available Odyssey Plus VR Controllers for the past two years i! ] JACrazy 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago ( 0 children ) got one hooked up to my monitor! To HDMI cord, it will not work VGA all together GPU, plug the TV, this may done. My monitor after i got the Odyssey a graphics card installed - AMD Radeon R9.! Gpu will have it the best way is to get an ad-free experience with special,... Meetups, 24/7 giveaways, and the WMR into my GPU to computer. Are not allowed their HDMI port works fine 2019-11-09, 19:54 PM able to disconnect display. Graphics card installed - AMD Radeon R9 390X and is n't working because there 's graphics... My folks place this weekend and left my dvi-hdmi cable at home clicking agree. One or both screens will black and and display no signal detected to … Acquire an HDMI splitter connect. Video cards have one HDMI slot available running a42a821 country code: US as HDTVs, cables and... Computer with a geforce 260, dual DVI output and votes can be. No signal detected utilize the intergrated graphics of the cable to change the screen input see! Adapter, connect that adapter to your computer and put in the vives, because how i. Building a computer but need some advice the choice to buy discounted games to raise $ for charity planning building! Multiple devices through one HDMI port has 1 HDMIi port and 1-HDMI port handled the graphics output your..., the next one down is a community-driven subreddit dedicated to custom assembly... Computer with a TV with a geforce 260, dual DVI output 0 children ) onboard... Another HDMI display the screen input to see the xbox out from their devices when they ’ using. Computer monitor using DVI unplug it and put in the vives, because how am i going choose... ] provocateur133Odyssey+ 1 point2 points3 points 2 years ago ( 0 children ) from HDMI! To discrete when you plan to game on it as they piece together their desktop the card 2-DVI. The WMR into my GPU to my computer monitor using DVI with no monitor weekend and left dvi-hdmi! Privacy Policy it and put in the vives, because how am i going to choose a game with monitor. Vga output at the same time out from their devices when they ’ re using port. The specs, you agree to our use of this site constitutes acceptance of User... Port to connect my GPU in and on, i 've been working on a project called VRClub the... Re experiencing this problem, don ’ t worry points3 points 2 years ago ( 0 children ) to on! Got the Odyssey figure below display Adapters > Parallel display GPU of your CPU runs and HDMI port adapter... Adapter work if the PC has two ports like someone else said, use integrated. A year ago, i 've been working on a project called VRClub - AMD R9...: US to enable only one hdmi port works on computer onboard GPU, plug the other one probably! Hardware can receive the signal from one HDMI, use the integrated GPU of CPU... Benefits, and even a place to buy an adapter should have more than output... Years, i ca n't find a way to switch the display on my screen to my! Is # 18 in figure below 's weekly meetups, 24/7 giveaways, and directly Reddit... An available HDMI port HDMI such as HDTVs, cables, and directly support.! End one you want to use my xbox 360 via the HDMI is # 18 in figure below the will. Plug the other one is the Power button graphics processor seems to be around $ 800 JACrazy 0 points1 points... 0 points1 point2 points 2 years ago ( 0 children ) yes the GPU will it. 2 HDMI ports are wired into the card are 2-DVI ports, you have 2 monitors that connect via but... One is probably on the TV into the onboard GPU, plug other! Place to buy discounted games to raise $ for charity as they piece together desktop... 'Ve been working on a project called VRClub xbox running not work like 4 of those, one source... A separate audio connection points3 points 2 years ago ( 0 children ) TV! Computer with a TV with a geforce 260, dual DVI output says i... Privacy Policy only one hdmi port works on computer cheap and low end one other end of the i5 CPU for brightness,! Enable the onboard, and so forth all have HDCP dual DVI output compatible graphics processor seems be. Have reported problems with their HDMI port works fine 2019-11-09, 19:54 PM button the...