If you’ve tried this recipe, I would love to hear from you. Mix everything together. Extract the water and set aside, Step 3  – Set a large flat bottom pan on medium heat and add 2 Tbsp. Alternatively you can heat tamarind and water in the microwave for a minute. 2. Moisture will make okras sticky, so it is important to dry them. Vendakkai Mor kuzhambu is prepared by cooking Lady's Finger in butter milk . 500 gms) okra thoroughly and let it dry on a tea towel. 500 gms) okra thoroughly and let it dry on a tea towel. Its usually served with rice. Fry the ladies finger for 5 minutes in medium low flame until the stickiness reduced. coconut oil, Step 4  – When the oil is hot, add 1 tsp. Vendakkai puli kuzambu in Tamil. Thank you for stopping by. Lower the flame and add ½ tsp mustard seeds & … In this video we are going to see how to make Vendakkai Puli Kulambu in Tamil. Fry them until mustard seeds cracks. Vendakkai Thayir Pachadi is a yogurt based curry made with Lady’s Finger (Okra), Yogurt, Coconut and Seasoning.This is served as part of any feasts in Tamil Nadu / Kerala. Vendakkai Puli Kuzhambu Recipe / Lady’s Finger Kulambu Recipe (with coconut) April 21, 2015 By Aarthi 29 Comments. VEGAN. This is a simple South Indian preparation where the Vendakkai is roasted with onions on a low flame until its brown, nutty and caramelized. Vendakkai Biriyani Or Okra Biriyani Description : Vendakkai biriyani seivathu eppadi, how to make vendakkai biriyani explained in tamil Ingredients split urad dal and roast until it is golden brown, Step 5  – Add ⅛ tsp. Alternatively you can heat tamarind and water in the microwave for a minute. asafoetida, 2 sprigs curry leaves, ¼ cup finely chopped ginger, ¼ cup finely chopped green chillies, mix well, and cook for 30 seconds, Add 4 cups diced okra, ¼ tsp. Fry the ladies finger for 5 minutes in medium low flame until the stickiness reduced. Vendakkai Poriyal is a great side dish for lunch. Vendakkai Poriyal Okra Stir Fry Recipe Lady S Finger Recipes. Please add your comments below and / or rate this recipe. turmeric powder, mix well and cook for a minute, Step 7  – Pour the tamarind extract water (2 cups from step 2 – use only the water, leave out the tamarind), and add salt to taste (1 ¾ tsp). Instead of vendakkai, Mor Kuzhambu recipe can be made with watery vegetables like … In a pan, heat a tsp of oil and add the items given in the 'to roast and grind' table and fry them until they turn golden brown. mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Vendakkai mor kuzhambu is an ideal rice-based kulambu recipe which is served as a rice combination for lunch and dinner. Wednesday, 31 July 2013. 1. Like all kuzhambu recipes, the recipe for vendakkai puli kuzhambu too differs from home to home. It is a flavorful side dish to compliment rice along side a variety of curries and dals.Note: 1 cup = 235 ml, 4 cups or 500 gms okra / vendakkai, diced to ½ inch slices, 2 sprigs curry leaves, leaves separated from stem. share this. Wash and pat dry the ladies finger and chop them to 1 inch pieces. Mor Kuzhambu or mor kulambu, buttermilk gravy is the most simple recipe passed on from my paati (grandmother). Add water if needed. Once it cools down, add the roasted spices to the blender. Bring this to a boil, close with a lid and cook for 10 – 12 minutes until the okras are almost cooked, Step 8  – Now add 4 Tbsp. But the end result was not as good as my mom’s and this dish fell out of favor. All I had to do was increase the amount of green chilies and the taste was back on track. Mix it well to form a gravy and keep it ready. The word pachadi means pounded. Mix it well to form a gravy and keep it ready. Vendakkai Poriyal Recipe Bhindhi Fry Stir Fry Recipes. Vendakkai sambar recipe, Ladies finger sambar – Basic south Indian sambar recipe as we do in Tamil nadu. Buttermilk gravy or Mor Kuzhambu is a popular South Indian dish, mostly prepared in Tamilnadu. It turned out so yummy, i love it to the core. Mor kulumbu recipes are generally made with/without vegetable addition. Once it cools down, add the roasted spices to the blender. Add onions and garlic cloves and sauté them well for 5 minutes or until they turn brown. Tastes heavenly! Take the curd in a mixie and beat with little salt and turmeric powder. Let’s dive in, but first…, Pachadi is a traditional South Indian fresh pickle served as a side dish. Add 2 tsp. Once dry, cut them into ½ inch long slices, Fill a small mixing bowl with 2 cups of water and soak 50 gms tamarind in it for 15 minutes. Add 2 cups of water to the extracted tamarind juice along with sambar powder, spice paste (prepared in step 1), turmeric powder and salt. Grind everything together with little water to a fine paste. Pat them dry to make sure they are completely dry before you cut them. The tangy Vendakkai puli kuzhambu is ready! Switch off the flame once the kuzhambu becomes thick in consistency and oil separated in the edges of the pan. Your email address will not be published. This traditional Mor Kuzhambu is served as a side dish to Rice in South India. My mom makes it perfectly and she even says it is perfect for beginners in cooking as it comes out easily tasty, how ever you do small mistakes. 3. When the consistency of the dish is semi-solid, turn off the heat and transfer it to a serving bowl, Enjoy your sublime vendakkai puli pachadi on the side with your favorite. Description: Thick tamarind based soupy gravy with fresh cuts of Okra. Serve it with hot steamed rice! Ladies finger / Okra done the right way can be delicious. Home » Chettinad Vegetarian Sidedish Recipes » Chettinad Vegetarian Varuval / Poriyal / Kootu / Masiyal / Masala / Roast / Fry Recipes » Vendakkai masala / Ladies Finger Fry Chettinad Style. Wash and pat dry the ladies finger and chop them to 1 inch pieces. Thanks for your positive feedback on this recipe! GF. In this video I have explained how we can make Vendakkai Puli Kuzhambu which goes very well with rice accompanied with potato fry, vathal or vadagam. When they begin to splutter add the dals, red chili and … asafoetida, 2 sprigs curry leaves, ¼ cup finely chopped ginger, ¼ cup finely chopped green chillies, mix well, and cook for 30 seconds, Step 6  – Add 4 cups diced okra, ¼ tsp. VENDAKKAI PULI KUZHAMBU RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PICTURES- OKRA STEWED IN A TAMARIND SAUCE. Just another traditional Kara Kuzhambu recipe with Vendakkai flavoured with coconut fennel paste. Boil the kuzhambu in medium flame for some good 20 minutes or until done. Vendakkai Poriyal Bhindi Fry Vendakkai Poriyal Bhindi Fry. jaggery powder and cook until the okras are soft, Add a pinch of roasted fenugreek powder, give it a good mix. Lady's Finger is called Bhindi/Bhendi in hindi, Bendakaya in telugu and Vendakkai in tamil and okra in many places. When the consistency of the dish is semi-solid, turn off the heat and transfer it to a serving bowl, Step 10  – Enjoy your sublime vendakkai puli pachadi on the side with your favorite molagootal, kootu, dal along with rice or just simply with curd rice , Every time my mom prepared vendakkai pachadi, I would lick it off the plate. https://rakskitchen.net/vendakkai-poriyal-recipe-dal-tadka-recipe Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and 1/2 tsp … This kuzhambu stays well for 2 days if refrigerated. It’s a must-try gem from South India (especially Palakkad, Kerala) where it’s usually a part of the more elaborate feasts served during festive times. Add water if needed. Vendakkai masala / Ladies Finger Fry Chettinad Style. Add onions and garlic cloves  and sauté them well for 5 minutes or until they turn brown. Grind everything together with little water to a fine paste. What I learnt from this experience is that sometimes we change spice levels so dramatically that it ends up ruining the basic taste of the dish. Serve hot with rice. But it’s such a simple recipe that it’s found a place in our daily meals. Add oil to a hot pan and add cumin, mustard. My mother never made puli kuzhambu. Once the onions become sightly brown, add the chopped ladies finger pieces. Okra (vendakkai in Tamil), ... You will notice that pachadi recipes differ from one cuisine to another where the fruit or vegetable is either finely chopped, blended, ground, minced, mashed or diced … They are usually hot and sweet or hot and sour. Switch off the flame once the kuzhambu becomes thick in consistency and oil separated in the edges of the pan. Sambar is an everyday staple for Tamil lunch menu. Tamil Nadu style tamarind gravy with ladies finger and freshly ground spices. Boil the kuzhambu in medium flame for some good 20 minutes or until done. It is quite different from our usual Tamil Nadu paruppu rasam recipe which basically needs rasam powder. turmeric powder, mix well and cook for a minute, Pour the tamarind extract water (2 cups from step 2 – use only the water, leave out the tamarind), and add salt to taste (1 ¾ tsp). Add 2 tbsp of coconut at the end after roasting the spices for variation, Puli Illa Kuzhambu Recipe (Tirunelveli Special kuzhambu withouttamarind) | Kuzhambu Recipes, Curry leaves Kuzhambu Recipe Tamilnadu Style|KaruveppilaiKuzhambu(without Coconut)| Kuzhambu Recipes, Easy Egg Curry Recipe | Egg Kuzhambu Recipe | Egg Recipes, « Paneer Butter Masala Recipe - With Step by Pics - Restaurant Style, Pomegranate Milkshake Recipe For Toddlers and Kids | Milkshake Recipes ». In a shallow frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil. Vendakkai is rich in Vitamin C, folate and high fibre content. Kara Kuzhambu / kulambu is an everyday curry made for lunch. mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Vendakkai puli kuzhambu – South indian style Tamilnadu recipe for Vendakkai/okra curry simmered in a rich tangy tamarind gravy. Mix everything together. Set aside. Share. Vendakkai Poriyal-Ladies Finger Curry-Bhindi Sabzi Recipe October 11, 2012 by PadhuSankar 13 Comments Lady’s finger also know as okra is very common in Indian cooking.Okra is known as Vendakkai in Tamil and Bhindi in Hindi. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Soak lemon sized tamarind in warm water and extract the juice. Bring this to a boil, close with a lid and cook for 10 – 12 minutes until the okras are almost cooked, Now add 4 Tbsp. Add 2 cups of water to the extracted tamarind juice along with sambar powder, spice paste (prepared in step 1), turmeric powder and salt. Kara Kuzhambu is generally made with a choice of veggies like drumstick, brinjal etc… but I heavily fall for kara kuzhambu made with vendakkai … coconut oil, When the oil is hot, add 1 tsp. Procedure for making Tamil Recipe Chettinad Vendakkai Morkuzhambu 1. Soak the ingredients given under to grind for 20 minutes and then grind it in a mixer to a smooth paste using little water. Moisture will make okras sticky, so it is important to dry them. Vendakkai Puli Kuzhambu is a regular kuzhambu or stew that is made across many Tamil households. 2. Vendakkai Mor Kulambu | Mor Kulambu | More Kulambu recipe with stepwise pictures, detailed notes and video. 5 from 1 vote. Soak lemon sized tamarind in warm water and extract the juice. Learn how your comment data is processed. Wash 4 cups (approx. vendakkai fry, poriyal recipe, bendakai Palya, okra fry poriyal, Indian okra curry, bhindi fry, ladies finger stir fry, South Indian poriyal recipe. Peel onions and garlic. https://threewhistleskitchen.com/vendakkai-kara-kulambu-okra-bhindi-curry Your feedback will help me improve and share better recipes with you. split urad dal and roast until it is golden brown, Add ⅛ tsp. 1. Once the onions become sightly brown, add the chopped ladies finger pieces. Looks like this recipe can be made better... Tell us how we can improve this recipe further. Tamil Nadu style tamarind gravy with ladies finger and … In a pan, heat a tsp of oil and add the items given in the 'to roast and grind' table and fry them until they turn golden brown. Tamilnadu Style Vendakkai Puli Kuzhambu Recipe | Ladies Finger PuliKuzhambu (without coconut) | Kuzhambu Varieties. Here is the video of Tamilnadu Style Vendakkai … So when you attempt to make Okra Pachadi, just go all in with the chilies and you will not be disappointed, Vendakkai Puli Pachadi is a must-try gem from Palakkad, Kerala. Vendakkai Poriyal Recipe In Tamil Crispy Ladies Finger Fry Recipe Vendakkai Varuval Raks Kitchen. 1. Typically, pachadis are made with seasonal vegetables or fruits. Several years later when my mom was visiting us, she made the dish and hubby loved it so much that he wanted me to learn it from her again. Heat 1 to 1.5 tbsp sesame oil or coconut oil in a small pan. Paruppu means dal in Tamil. Okra (vendakkai in Tamil), the summer-fall vegetable that’s usually found in gumbo in Southern American cuisine is the main star of this traditional hot and sweet pickled side dish called Vendakkai Puli Pachadi. 2. Fry them until mustard seeds cracks. Pat them dry to make sure they are completely dry before you cut them. Set aside. Heat oil in a pan and add the items to temper. Extract the water and set aside, Set a large flat bottom pan on medium heat and add 2 Tbsp. The heat is from spicy green/red chilies, with sweetness from jaggery or sugar and sourness from yogurt or tamarind (puli – Tamil), Okra is also popularly known as also known as lady’s finger, PREPARATION – VENDAKKAI PULI PACHADI (with step-by-step photos), Step 1  – Wash 4 cups (approx. Heat oil in a pan and add the items to temper. Then add the tamarind spice mix in. Then add the tamirnd spice mix in. This kuzhambu is what i recently made and i got a serious addiction to it. You will notice that pachadi recipes differ from one cuisine to another where the fruit or vegetable is either finely chopped, blended, ground, minced, mashed or diced as per the cooking methods. In the banana leaf, the Thayir … Peel onions and garlic. I am a big fan of vendakkai sambar. Hosted & Managed by Host My Blog. jaggery powder and cook until the okras are soft, Step 9  – Add a pinch of roasted fenugreek powder, give it a good mix. 2. Once dry, cut them into ½ inch long slices, Step 2  – Fill a small mixing bowl with 2 cups of water and soak 50 gms tamarind in it for 15 minutes. After getting married, I reduced the amount of chilies that were required for the recipe to accommodate my hubby who is a mild food eater. Add 2 tsp. This is an everyday stir-fry. Roast until it is golden brown, add 1 tsp soak lemon sized tamarind warm! Step 3 – set a large flat bottom pan on medium heat and add 2 tbsp from to...: thick tamarind based soupy gravy with fresh cuts of Okra become sightly brown, add ⅛.. Extract the water and set aside, set a large flat bottom pan on medium heat add... Different from our usual Tamil Nadu paruppu rasam recipe which is served as rice! To it curd in a mixie and beat with little salt and turmeric powder a great side to. And cook until the stickiness reduced what i recently made and i got serious... To form a gravy and keep it ready jaggery powder and cook until stickiness! Heat oil in a mixie and beat with little water to a smooth paste using little water to a paste! Salt and turmeric powder add ½ tsp mustard seeds and 1/2 tsp … this an! Under to grind for 20 minutes or until they turn brown the oil is,! In this video we are going to see how to make sure they are completely dry before you them. Extract the water and set aside, Step 4 – When the oil is hot, the. On track are going to see how to make sure they are completely dry before you cut.! Smooth paste using little water edges of the pan for 5 minutes or until.... Or rate this recipe, i love it to the blender minutes and then it! | ladies finger pieces, mostly prepared in tamilnadu them to 1 inch pieces Kara kuzhambu recipe ladies! Fibre content i would love to hear from you oil separated in the microwave for a minute served a. Mom ’ s dive in, but first…, Pachadi is a great dish... You ’ ve tried this recipe further: thick tamarind based soupy gravy with ladies pieces! – When the oil is hot, add the roasted spices to the.! The taste was back on track fennel paste a tea towel – add ⅛ tsp / rate... Usually hot and sour recipe passed on from my paati ( grandmother ) are going to how. Mostly prepared in tamilnadu South India mostly prepared in tamilnadu coconut oil in a mixie and beat little! Lower the flame once the kuzhambu in medium low flame until the stickiness reduced add ½ mustard. Coconut fennel paste to do was increase the amount of green chilies and taste! Mor kulumbu recipes are generally made with/without vegetable addition … this is an staple! Looks like this recipe can be made better... Tell us how can! Crispy ladies finger and freshly ground spices pat dry the ladies finger and … Kara kuzhambu / kulambu is ideal!, add 1 tsp lunch menu serious addiction to it the amount of green chilies and the taste back! And water in the microwave for a minute sweet or hot and sour addiction... A small pan flame and add ½ tsp mustard seeds & … Description: thick tamarind soupy... For vendakkai Puli kulambu in Tamil Crispy ladies finger pieces vendakkai flavoured with coconut ) April 21, 2015 Aarthi... Onions and garlic cloves and sauté them well for 5 minutes or until they turn brown mom ’ s kulambu... To see how to make sure they are completely dry before you cut them heat in! Ideal rice-based kulambu recipe which basically needs rasam powder is an everyday curry made for.... Recipe Lady s finger recipes lunch and dinner end result was not as good as mom... Chop them to 1 inch pieces Tamil lunch menu, Pachadi is popular! Is rich in Vitamin C, folate and high fibre content please add your Comments below /. Ingredients given under to grind for 20 minutes or until done for 2 if... / Okra done the right way can be delicious ) | kuzhambu Varieties the core fenugreek powder, give a. A pinch of roasted fenugreek powder, give it a good mix recipe s... Tsp mustard seeds and 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and 1/2 tsp mustard seeds & … Description: thick tamarind soupy... Recipe can be made better... Tell us how we can improve this recipe further Vitamin,! Flavoured with coconut fennel paste Nadu paruppu rasam recipe which is served as a rice for! And freshly ground spices under to grind for 20 minutes or until they brown... Or mor kulambu, buttermilk gravy or mor kuzhambu is what i recently made and i got serious! And then grind it in a small pan you cut them recipe which basically needs powder! April 21, 2015 By Aarthi 29 Comments dish for lunch and dinner pinch roasted. If refrigerated i got a serious addiction to it make okras sticky, so is. … Kara kuzhambu / kulambu is an everyday curry made for lunch combination for lunch was the... To hear from you 2 tbsp of sesame oil once it cools down, add 1 tsp are usually and... Recipe with Step By Step PICTURES- Okra STEWED in a small pan coconut fennel.... On from my paati ( grandmother ) the stickiness reduced pat dry the ladies finger chop. Add the chopped ladies finger and chop them to 1 inch pieces kuzhambu stays for. And set aside, set a large flat bottom pan on medium heat and add chopped... Pachadis are made with seasonal vegetables or fruits... Tell us how we can improve recipe! To grind for 20 minutes or until they turn brown feedback will help me and! The microwave for a minute the oil is hot, add the chopped ladies finger ….: //threewhistleskitchen.com/vendakkai-kara-kulambu-okra-bhindi-curry in a pan and add the items to temper separated in the edges of pan! Rice combination for lunch and dinner hear from you Step PICTURES- Okra STEWED in a pan and add ½ mustard. Combination for lunch and dinner tbsp sesame oil and pat dry the vendakkai recipe in tamil finger and chop them to 1 pieces... Like this recipe under to grind for 20 minutes and then grind it in a pan and add chopped... Pachadi is a regular kuzhambu or stew that is made across many Tamil households sure they are completely before!, folate and high fibre content on medium heat and add the items to temper as! Moisture will make okras sticky, so it is important to dry them bottom pan on heat... Improve and share better recipes with you my mom ’ s dive in, but first…, is! Tamilnadu style vendakkai Puli kuzhambu is prepared By cooking Lady 's finger in milk. Step By Step PICTURES- Okra STEWED in a shallow frying pan, heat 2 tbsp recipe passed on my... ) April 21, 2015 By Aarthi 29 Comments sambar is an rice-based! Pan on medium heat and add 2 tbsp if refrigerated fine paste items temper. Tell us how we can improve this recipe can be delicious Tell how..., When the oil is hot, add 1 tsp … this is an ideal rice-based kulambu (! Poriyal recipe in Tamil Crispy ladies finger / Okra done the right way can be delicious and garlic and. To hear from you finger / Okra done the right way can be delicious Description: thick tamarind soupy... Everything together with little water this recipe, i would love to hear from you please your... Cook until the okras are soft, add 1 tsp recipes, the recipe for vendakkai Puli kuzhambu recipe vendakkai. The okras are soft, add a pinch of roasted fenugreek powder, give it a mix... Lady ’ s found a place in our daily meals oil or coconut oil in pan. To see how to make vendakkai Puli kuzhambu too differs from home to home i got a serious addiction it. / or rate this recipe further 4 – When the oil is hot, add the chopped ladies finger chop... With coconut ) April 21, 2015 By Aarthi 29 Comments / Okra done right! Well for 5 minutes in medium flame for some good vendakkai recipe in tamil minutes or until they turn brown important to them... Shallow frying pan, heat 2 tbsp kuzhambu or stew that is across... And dinner to rice in South India add 2 tbsp s such simple! Consistency and oil separated in the microwave for a minute Step 3 set. A tamarind SAUCE the oil is hot, add the roasted spices to the.... S and this dish fell out of favor what i recently made and got... Help me improve and share better recipes with you Vitamin C, folate high... Set aside, Step 3 – set a large flat bottom pan on medium heat and add 2 tbsp daily... ) April 21, 2015 By Aarthi 29 Comments Step 3 – set a large flat pan. An ideal rice-based kulambu recipe ( with coconut ) | kuzhambu Varieties Lady ’ found... Vendakkai Poriyal is a great side dish to rice in South India Aarthi! Thick in consistency and oil separated in the microwave for a minute made with vegetables! Become sightly brown, add 1 tsp to it it dry on a tea towel for days! Got a serious addiction to it flame until the stickiness reduced help me improve and share better recipes you. Oil is hot, add 1 tsp is prepared By cooking Lady 's finger in milk! Be delicious your Comments below and / or rate this recipe, i would to... And then grind it in a shallow frying pan, heat 2 tbsp stir-fry! Kuzhambu becomes thick in consistency and oil separated in the microwave for a minute served as side.