Additionally, I was left wanting for more control. The orange and black colors look very smart, and you certainly won’t look out of place with this stick. I can see why the Wilson Burn 100LS is such a popular racket. I wasn't imparting much spin on my serves, so that might be part of the issue. This is an ideal option for a junior who is looking for a full-sized frame that’s not too heavy. Currently playing with the Babolat Pure Drive. Your email address will not be published. Here is a new Wilson racquets preview. If you’re more of an all-rounder, who looks for performance at the net as well as the back of the court, I might give it a wider birth. While I felt more in control of where my shots were going than I did with the Burn 100S, I wasn't hitting with enough spin to get the ball to drop within the lines, and I hit quite a few long. This new Burn series from Wilson will appeal to players with powerful groundstrokes looking to battle from the baseline. The Wilson Burn 100 Series compares well with the Wilson Triumph tennis racquet - a low-cost beginner’s racquet designed for recreational use. It makes playing tennis very easy, but I do think it is a little bit limited. However, it felt more unstable at the net than it did from the baseline, and when I hit outside the sweetspot the racquet fluttered in my hand quite a bit. There was plenty of zing off the stringbed and a good amount of stability. My arm was usually pretty sore after just an hour of hitting with this racquet. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. I wasn't as precise with flat serves, and I didn't feel as confident aiming close to the corners, but I could hit an aggressive kick serve with no problem. Chris uses a full-western forehand grip, has a fast swing style and hits a one-handed backhand. Pro Staff RF 97 Wilson Autograph Tennis Racquet. Other racquets with easy power and spin would include the One Strings Turbine 300g, the Dunlop iDapt Force 100 and the Head Graphene XT Instinct MP. As well as the string pattern, which Wilson aptly calls Spin Effect, the Burn 100 LS also has an extra long handle known as X2 Length. Specifications wise, the Burn 100LS is ideal for a junior who is moving up to their first full-sized racket, or adults who are just starting out in the game. My initial thoughts were all very positive with this racket. As always with Wilson rackets, the Burn 100LS looks great, with its simple but sleek design. This is because the 100LS has a fairly unique 18 x 16 string pattern which is designed to add extra spin potential. ", Karly- "The easy to access and manageable power. Out of the box, it comes in a black color with similar markings as of Roger Federer’s … ", Chris said, "It really felt like the ball was getting in and out of the stringbed very quickly. I would recommend trying the … Wilson Burn 100LS Specifications Head Size: 100 in² / 645 cm² Length: 27in / 68,5cm Strung Weight: 298g / 10,5oz Unstrung Weight: 280g/9,9oz Balance: 33,32cm / 3 pts HL Swingweight: 306 String Pattern: 18 Mains / 16 Crosses Our Review … If the racket is too light, it can still lead to injuries, but it doesn’t prepare players for taking the next step in their tennis development. I tend to set my rackets up like a stiff board, so I don’t get quite the same feel. This is something I can struggle with when I playtest the big heavy rackets that are 330g plus, so it’s nice to use something that’s so easy to swing. ", Karly- "The Burn 100 was too stiff for my wrist. In addition, the Burn 100 was maneuverable and very spin friendly, so I was able to rely on the spin to help keep the ball from going long. At 280g unstrung, this racket is not too heavy, and this allows for beginners and intermediate players to benefit from great manoeuvrability. From the moment our playtesters stepped onto the court they were rewarded with easy power. If this is a top priority for you and your game, you should definitely take a look at this racket. If I was to pick a racket that this is similar to, I would have to go with the Babolat Pure Aero Team, which is another racket that generates good spin. I was able to use the spin and power I was getting to move my opponent around the court and really dictate the point. ", Brittany- "The Burn 100 was too stiff for me. On the volleys and serve it wasn’t. I gave the Wilson Burn 100LS a 6 out of 10 for the volleys. 0 Shares. 0 Shares. Warming up, I could tell that it had quite an involved feel to it, (something that I don’t really like) but I know there are many people that enjoy this. Parallel Drilling is also included with this racket, which should mean less friction between the strings and the frame on contact and a more comfortable ride for the user. This is a pretty good racket for a first adult sized racket. Overall, the Burn 100S is a well-balanced tennis racquet that … It didn't bother me too much during play, but my wrist was usually pretty sore after I played. Tweet. Like with groundstrokes, the Wilson Burn 100 Countervail was powerful, manoeuvrable and return of serves were landing deep in the court. You'll find more information on cookies at, Stay up to date on arrivals and special offers, Shop Early - Shipping Carrier Delays Expected. I felt had to move the racquet around with authority and not be wishy washy with shot selection. It covers the Blade Pro, Blade 102 SW Autograph and Burn 100 V4, and Clash 100 Pro. The attractiveness of this racket is due to the combination of orange, yellow and black colours on it. Nonetheless, the racquet felt very stable and I felt confident hitting my slice backhand both offensively and defensively, which is not always the case. Additionally, the new X2 Shaft creates a longer, narrower and more rounded grip for more leverage and quicker grip changes. I found it didn’t have the greatest performance on volleys or the serve, but it does make up for that with its groundstroke performance. ", Brittany- "This racquet was powerful and stable. All Rights Reserved. I gave it a solid score of 7 out of 10, which is not bad for a beginner/intermediate frame. The two rackets give you very similar results, even if they go about it in different ways. http://bit.ly/2hPAZYT Wilson updates the Burn 100 with some extra speed and comfort. This racquet allowed me to use their pace for a hard return back as long as my return wasn't too flat. If I went big and opened up my swing, I found I had to be spot on or I risked overhitting. To be clear, the Wilson Triumph racket has an oversized head offering a larger sweet spot for new players with less accuracy, which you can hardly see in the Wilson Burn 100 … He said, "The Burn 100 Countervail felt very fast … The TW playtesters were effortlessly ripping groundstrokes deep into the court to push their opponents back. ", Tiffani struggled to find her rhythm on serve. ", Karly felt like a stronger server with the Burn 100 in her hands. I’m probably in the minority regarding this though. I was finding my targets and returning consistently as long as I remained disciplined with my compact stroke. Blocking balls deep and away was the way to go for me. From Wilson Website for the Burn 100S Racket Product Specs Pattern 18×16 Balance 33 cm / 4 pts HL Unstrung Weight 10.7 oz / 303 g Cross Section 25mm Dual Taper Beam Length 27 in / 68.58 cm Grip Sizes 1-4 Head Size 100… I really enjoyed this racquet at net. It was really easy to get this racket moving fast, and that is something that is important for someone looking to develop their skills and turn their serve into a weapon. March 29, 2020 admin Leave a comment. The positive on the serve was the manoeuvrability. Share. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Wilson Burn 100 Series Tennis Racket at Amazon.com. For a racket in its weight class, it has good stability and of course, great spin and power. by thetennisbros | Apr 9, 2019 | Wilson Burn Rackets, Wilson Rackets | 0 comments. When I was in command of what I wanted to do the racquet would do it. I was also pretty happy with my slice backhand. Pro Staff 97 LS 4 1/2 vs Wilson Burn 100 WRT72561U3-P reviews. The Wilson Ultra 100 tennis racquet (or stick) replaces and improves upon the popular Wilson Juice line. So, that’s the boring technical details out the way, but what can you actually expect from the Wilson Burn 100LS? WILSON!!! Outside the Burn family, this racquet reminds me of the Wilson Juice 100. It does a job but is definitely not as comfortable at the net as it is from the back. It played more stable than a racquet at that weight, but it was also tougher to swing. Wilson Burn 100 Tennis Racquet Review. The effortless response also allowed me to focus on my targets, and that resulted in impressive consistency. I found enough control to keep its powerful feel from being too overwhelming. I much preferred the feel of the the Burn 100 with a softer co-poly string and a low tension. She analyzed, "Because of its balance and rather hefty feel through the air, I thought the Burn 100 was going to be heavier than 11.3 ounces. Tweet. The one thing you do notice is the shape of the head is a little bit peculiar. "I was getting solid pace and spin. She explained, "This racquet was very stable when blocking back returns. Make your game and playstyle more aggressive with the Wilson Burn 100 … Overall, players looking for easy power, especially those who like to play most of their points from the baseline, should definitely check out the Burn 100. I also found that I didn't have to put in much effort to hit with my usual pace, which worked out great in long matches since I could still bring the heat even when I was tired. Share. Wilson Burn 100 Tennis Racquet Review. If you are on the lookout for the best rated tennis rackets, make sure to include Wilson Burn 100 … At 280g unstrung, this racket is not too heavy, and this allows for beginners and intermediate players to benefit from great manoeuvrability. It felt lively and generated a ton of pop on contact, but that powerful feel wasn't overwhelming, either. Pin. The power was very useful when I was digging out a tough first volley. When I returned second serves I could create my own power and really step into the court. ", Chris- "The Burn 100 just felt too stiff for my liking. As soon as I picked these … The Wilson Burn 100S is a revised version of the original Wilson Burn, geared toward a wide range of intermediate to advanced tennis players. Click here to see all Tennis Warehouse reviews. I was hitting my serves with more spin than I normally do. The more compact stroke mechanics of a volley gave me better control over the powerful response of the Burn 100 so I didn't have any overhitting issues. The Wilson Burn 100 Team Lite brings the power and spin of Burn to beginners and strong juniors. The playtesters were confident they could start the point on the … Like the Burn 100S, I felt this racquet played on the firm side. She said, "I could really take the offensive when I attacked my returns, but I had to be careful not to go for too much. This feature allows players with two-handed backhands a little extra reach and comfort when hitting on the run. The orange and black colors look very smart, and you certainly won’t look out of place with this stick. When the level gets ramped up a bit, you might struggle with this stick in doubles though. ", This racquet really packs a punch for Tiffani. 0 Shares. I think if I was to play with this racket again, I would string it up a bit tighter and hope it gave me a little bit more control. I liked the fact that it focuses on spin but doesn’t neglect all other aspects to achieve it. The Burn felt right in my hands from the moment I picked it up, with good balance and a nice feel to it. At the net our playtesters were impressed with the solid, crisp feel that helped them end points efficiently, and they found easy power and spin on their serves, although it did take a little while for some of our playtesters to truly feel comfortable. Review date: February 2015. Click Here to get the Wilson Burn 100LS For The Best Price From RacquetGuys! ", When our playtesters headed toward the net the Wilson Burn 100 offered stability and the power to end the points. However, as long as I hit the ball cleanly, putting away volleys deep in the court came naturally. My topspin shots had lots of spin, and that allowed me to control the power of the racquet. ", Karly added, "I knew the Burn 100 was going to be powerful just by looking at the specs, but I wasn't expecting the racquet to be so easy to use. The biggest thing I noticed from the baseline was how powerful the Burn 100 was and how deep my shots were landing -- sometimes too deep. As always with Wilson rackets, the Burn 100LS looks great, with its simple but sleek design. The Burn … As long as it performs well from the back of the court and on the serve, you don’t need to worry about this too much. Wilson Burn 100 v4 Tennis Racquet The Version 4 Burn 100 features a 100 square inch head size, to go with an 11.1 ounce strung weight and a 16x19 string pattern. Heat up your tennis game with the Wilson Burn 100. It’s a great racket for an intermediate or advanced junior who’s looking to be an aggressive baseliner. Lots of serves were going long. They are both powerful and firm. Again, the level of spin I was getting was good, and I found I could drive through the ball nicely. Share. ", Tiffani- "Hitting with power was effortless. She hits with a semi-western forehand grip and uses a two handed backhand. Both are powerful racquets that are on the stiffer side. This is a bit of a characteristic of the Burn range, and it just means that you feel a lot of movement between the strings when you hit the ball. Of course, if you did this, you would be reducing your ability to get easy spin on the groundstrokes. Realizing that players of all ages and abilities want to develop a power baseline game, Wilson has introduced the Burn 100 ULS. I often struggle with maneuverability and control at net with head heavy racquets. I was playing more conservatively due to the lack of control and I didn't feel comfortable aiming close to the lines. It was bordering on too much power. This leads to a well-balanced racket, which has decent stability for its weight. Power was in full display off the ground throughout the playtest. It took some time to adjust to the power level. However, that’s a bridge you can cross when you get to it. Required fields are marked *. Impressed with the racquet's stability up at net, Brittany said, "Even when I was playing against heavier hitters, the Burn 100 felt solid in my hand, without any twisting. ", Karly- "I thought the Burn 100 played a lot like the Wilson Juice 100 or the Tecnifibre TFlash 300 ATP. The only difference would be that I received more spin potential from the Burn 100S, and that helped me control my shots better. Which one you prefer will depend on your style of play, so it’s well worth testing both of them. I didn’t enjoy everything about the Burn 100LS on the serve though. My only concern was the stiff feel. On the forehand side, I’m often a bit picky, but I couldn’t complain about the feel of the Burn 100LS. ", Chris was really surprised at the performance of this racquet at net. I can’t say I thought the extra length handle made any difference, even though I have a double hander, but hey, maybe I just have small hands! Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Your California Privacy Rights | Accessibility*Price comparisons are based on the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") or Original Selling Price. I could punch back a ball at my feet well and hit an aggressive volley. Your email address will not be published. Wilson has added Parallel Drilling technology for a more consistent and forgiving response off the stringbed and a larger sweetspot. Weighing in at 11.3 ounces strung with a swingweight of 332, the Burn 100 was a powerhouse from the baseline. The Wilson Burn 100LS didn’t really suit me on the serve and that led to it getting a score of 6.5 out of 10. ", Brittany had a bit of an adjustment period with this racquet due to the high swingweight and more head heavy feel. The feel was on the stiffer side, which I enjoyed when punching the ball deep to end the point, but it was also uncomfortable when I hit outside the sweetspot. With bright orange, yellow and black cosmetics, the Burn 100 can't be missed on the court. The Wilson Burn 100s is a racket that looks cool and thus, appeals to you from its appearance. All content copyright 2015 Tennis Warehouse. The denser string pattern gave me better control on flat shots compared to the Burn 100S we previously tested. While the feel may not be for everyone, the Wilson Burn 100 LS is a strong option for players after a light frame that can unload from the back of the court and play offense on a consistent basis. While you’re at it, I would also try and get my hands on the Babolat Pure Aero Team, the Babolat Pure Aero and the Wilson Ultra 100. The Burn 100 does have a stiffer feel, which was the biggest issue for our playtesters. With the Burn 100LS, Wilson has brought a spin machine that’s great for transitioning from a beginner or junior frame into a more intermediate adult frame. I gave the Wilson Burn 100LS a 7.5 out of 10 for groundstrokes. I particularly liked it off the backhand side, where I was able to get good power and depth. Even with a softer string I could feel some racquet shock in my wrist if I made contact off center. I was feeling it in my wrist -- especially if I shanked the ball. "With a compact swing I was controlling the power of the racquet well while still getting all the pace and spin I wanted. ", Tiffani- "It was too much of a good thing for me, and I struggled to control the power level. Weighing in at 11.3 ounces strung with a swingweight of 332, the Burn 100 was a powerhouse from the baseline. Pin. The vast majority of us spend most of our time at the back of the court, so it makes sense that rackets are optimized for groundstrokes. Any passing attempts left hanging up high were easily dispatched with pace, an angle or a combination of both. Wilson Burn 100 Tennis Racquet Review. She explained, "As both of those specs were a little higher than I am used to, it took a couple hitting sessions before I felt more confident hitting the ball. It really encourages players to attack with spin and hit through their shots. With the Burn 100LS, Wilson has brought a spin machine that’s great for transitioning from a beginner or junior frame into a more intermediate adult frame. Too much spin on the serve and I find it gets really hard to control, and that was my problem with this Burn. Once I made an adjustment I was able to get good pace on my first serves, and loved serving down the T on the deuce side. The Burn 100LS didn’t suit me, but it is still a very good option for any young tennis players moving up to an adult frame. She currently plays with the Yonex EZONE Ai 100. I could knife the ball with good spin and pace or cut it short and angled to force my opponent out of position. As much I like playing with control-oriented racquets, I loved that the powerful feel of the Burn 100 was very manageable. The 100LS is just very easy to play with and you can get plenty of power and spin without having to try and rip the cover off the ball. The Wilson Burn 100 Countervail made our playtesters' jobs a little easier at the net. "The ball flew off the stringbed on contact and the good maneuverability made it easy to move into position. The start was good for the Wilson Burn 100LS, but would it stand up to an intense workout? She said, "Power was a standout feature, and it was multiplied on serves. The reason why the Wilson Burn 100S review … The way this racket is set up should really suit an aggressive baseline player and that was exactly what I found during my playtest. "Another shot I loved hitting with this racquet was the serve," Chris said. These are among the most powerful racquets I've hit. I don’t think this makes a huge difference though, as most beginners and intermediate players don’t need too much performance from their racket at the net. The feel here is crisper than with the Juice 100, and the Burn 100 also plays with a stiffer feel than the new Babolat Pure Drive. If you get a racket that is too heavy it can make it difficult to learn the motions properly, and in some cases, it can lead to injury. Wilson Burn 100S is a new tennis racquet on the market and is popular for its spin generating quality. I will be reviewing these racquets one by one, likely starting with the Blade Pro, as that is the one most people ask about.I have already done a preview post about these Wilson … ", The Burn 100 brought the heat on service returns. As a beginner or intermediate player, this racket gives you everything you need to play some very good tennis. March 29, 2020 admin Leave a comment. Karly: 4.0 baseline player currently playing with the Prince Textreme Tour 95. We enjoyed the easy playability of the Burn 100S and we loved pretty much everything about the Burn 95, so we had pretty high hopes for the 100LS. I think at an intermediate level, this racket is just about right because it allows you to maximize the amount of spin your strokes can give you.